Total Pageviews

Friday, August 8, 2014

Road Trip!

Wow!  We went far, far, far away!  My Mom and Dad have a puppy and she had to move to another place and we got in the car and we just kept going and going and going!  Boy, was I excited!  I was safe in the back cargo area - there is a fence that keeps me back there so Mom can drive and I can't jump in front with her.  I want to jump in front with her, but I had my bed and a pillow and an old sock I like to chew, so I was happy. 

The car was going up and down and up and down.  Sometimes I took a nap, sometimes I looked out the window.  Sometimes I got up to stretch and looked at Mom and her puppy up front and Mom would smile at me! 

After a long time we stopped and Mom let me out of the car so I could pee and stretch.  Then she gave me some cool water in my own bowl from home.  Boy, that water was SO good!  Then I had to hop back in the car and we would go and go and go some more. 

Mom stopped again after a long, long time and did the same thing as before.  I was starting not to like the car so much.  But I'm a good boy and I got back in after having more water.  This time Mom put music on.  We still had to go and go and go. 

Then Mom parked the car and let me out, and we were all out of the car and Mom wanted me to go up these steps, but they scared me!  I could see right through them!  I was afraid I would fall out!  Mom went up a couple of the steps and she kept telling me to come.  I was scared, so I did it very slowly.  I made it to the top!  Then she opened a door to a room with beds in it.  Oh, I remember, this is like when we moved!  I can hop up on the beds.  I hopped from bed to bed!  It was fun!  Mom and her puppy were tired.  I guess I was too, so we all took a nap.  Then Mom gave me my supper.  Where's Dad? 

Mom took me outside and down those funny stairs again.  Lots and lots of dogs have been here, I can smell them.   The next time I had to go up the funny stairs I did it faster and it wasn't so scary.  Yay!  Dad is here!  The pack is together!  I feel better now!  This was only the beginning, but I didn't know it yet.   I'm getting tired just telling you about it.  I think I will take a nap right now! I'll tell you more next time!

 

We had to drive all the way to Kent, Ohio - Kent State University.  My daughter (and illustrator of "The Amazing Canine Adventures of Harry Spotter") is starting a PhD program and job at the University.  We had to haul all of her stuff in a U-Haul to get her settled in her new apartment.  We're not so young anymore - it wan not an easy task.  The drive alone took eight hours.  Pennsylvania is 310 miles across and seemed to take FOREVER.  Going up the mountains I could feel the car working a bit harder, going down I didn't even need to step on the pedal. We stopped twice for gas, coffee and to let Harry out to stretch his legs.  He was such a good boy.  Every now and then I could see him in the rearview mirror, standing up and looking at me with his happy meter going. 

Once we got to the "dog hotel" in Kent, though, he was afraid of the slatted stairway up to our room on the second floor.  He was very hesitant and went up s-l-o-w-l-y.  When we got in the room, he was relaxed  again and made a point to visit each bed to evaluate its' comfort.  There were several areas outside where dogs "did their duty" and Harry had lots of sniffing to do.  We were all exhausted and had only just arrived.......

No comments:

Post a Comment