Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Aliens from Outer Space!!

Wow, so after everyone took a nap, they all got cleaned up.  Then, just like at home, Mom gave me a special treat - a dental bone, and they left me all alone.  But the TV was on and there was music, so I sat on the bed with my bone and watched TV! 

When everybody came back, Dad took me outside again.  I didn't have any more problems with the funny stairs.  Then it was bedtime.  There was no room for me on the bed.  That's ok, I usually sleep in my own bed anyway, until morning.  Whew, what a long day!  Boy, was I tired!

Then something terrible happened.  There were aliens from outer space!  They got into the room!  They were shining horrible lights everywhere!  I was terrified, so I buried my face into the side of the bed where Dad was.  I was shaking inside.  I didn't want to see those scary lights!

Dad went outside to find the aliens and make them go away and stop frightening me!  He came back and turned on a light.  I was still scared.  Dad kept comforting me, patting me over and over and over until my insides stopped shaking.  I don't think I slept at all.  I don't think Dad did either.  It was a ruff night. 
 
 
Once we were rested and cleaned up, we went into town to find a place to have some dinner before we collapsed.  We found a college hang out called "Panini's" which was fun and had decent enough food.  Harry seemed to be enjoying himself on the bed watching music videos from the sixties when we returned to the  hotel.
 
After his night time walk, it was time for bed.  I fell asleep immediately.  I was awakened by my husband because something on the ceiling was strobing light flashes all over the room.  Harry was curled up in a tight ball on the side of the bed trying desperately to hide his eyes.  What the heck?  How could anyone sleep with this?
 
My husband went down to the desk clerk to see if we could switch rooms.  There were no vacancies and the clerk apparently thought my husband was nuts.  He had no idea what we were talking about and couldn't do a thing about it.  So, we had to sleep with at least one regular light on to make the thing in the ceiling stop the light show.  Oh, my.  Needless to say, no one really got back to sleep.  It was a rough night, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment