Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dogfest2014!!

Off we went in the car!  We got to a place I've never been to before!  Mom and Dad had a table and chairs, and they put out my water bowl and they had a bunch of biscuits.  Then all these people and dogs came by - lots and lots and lots!  There were Dalmatians, and Dobermans and Great Danes and a St. Bernard!  There were poodles and yorkies and bulldogs and terriers and lots of Goldens.



There was a pit bull named Spice Girl.  She was nice, we sniffed and wagged.  She was very gentle and sweet. She needs a home, right now she is in a foster home, MY foster home with the  nice lady.  She has a problem with one eye.  I hope that doesn't mean no one will love her, she's awfully nice.  There were some dogs who sort of looked like me!  HEY, do I know you?  Are we cousins? 



Lots of dogs drank from my water bowl, but that's okay.  I don't mind.  And the people next to us gave me some peanut butter treats!  I saw my foster Mom and other people I used to know a long time ago, before I found my family.  Mom told me what a good boy I am.  She did that a lot. 



We were there all day.  Then everyone packed up and went home.  Yay, suppertime!  I took a shortcut home, though, 'cause I was awful tired.  Big day, but it was fun!

Dogfest2014, in Bergen County, New Jersey.  It was our first time at such an event, so I was a novice trying desperately to learn the ropes.  Harry was a complete angel, as usual and rubbed noses with dozens of dogs in all shapes and sizes. 

We sold a few books (20% of profits go to "Almost Home Dog Rescue of NJ" Harry's alma mater) - I hope those who have a copy enjoy it.  For kids ages nine and up, it is a fun read and a great gift.  Isabella, Julia and Sofia, have a good time with it and keep your happy meters going.  Many, many thanks to all the people, youngsters and adults, because each time you buy a book you are helping a rescue group.  Spread the word and if you have the time, write a review on Amazon.  That will help Harry become more popular. We are very grateful for your support. Jethro, you too!  Let's make Harry Spotter a household name!

No comments:

Post a Comment