Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 16, 2014

I'm a travelling pup....

Wow, so after my Dad made the aliens go away, the next day we went to another place.  This was real close.  And I got out and sniffed around.  Hmmmmm. Rabbits, birds, not too many other dogs here.  We went up a bunch of steps and into an empty place.  But two guys came along and they both pet me and smiled and then they started filling up the place with lots of stuff.  Mom and Dad put out the funny air bed they used when we moved to our new house, so I sat on that.  I was pretty tired from being so scared the night before!  I watched Mom and her puppy put things away.  Then the guys left and everybody was putting stuff away and Dad was putting stuff together.  Hoooooo, mmmmmm, time for a nap.




Then I was getting pretty hungry and the place was looking nice  and Mom and Dad took me back to the hotel for suppertime.  Guess what I saw outside this time!  A snake!  I stepped right on it and Mom screamed!  It was slithering away real fast and I wanted to chase it.  Please, Mom?  She wouldn't let me.  I bet I could have caught it, too!




Then they went out again and left me with music on and lights.  Never turn out the lights, it keeps the outer space aliens away.  And we did, we kept them on all night, but this time we all got some sleep.  We went back to the puppy's place in the morning, and Mom and Dad helped put things up on the walls.  Then their puppy stayed there and we got in the car and went for a long, long, long time.  I really didn't like the car anymore.  After a long, long time we were HOME!!!! YAY!!! Home!!!!  Just in time for supper again!!!!  I'm so happy to be home!  Let's take a big walk all around.  Let's see, Daisy was here, Rudy was over there,  I'll leave them a message so they know I'm home! 

Ahhhh, my bed in my room in my house.  Lights OFF!   Goodnight!

Two strong young men helped move all our daughter's boxes and belongings off the truck and up three flights of stairs.  We spent the day unpacking, breaking up empty boxes and organizing.  We put together a desk, set up lamps and hung curtains and shower curtains and towels.  By five pm we were exhausted. 

Back at the hotel, when Harry took his after dinner walk, he startled a snake, which startled me and I let out a scream.  I am not a fan of snakes.  Harry wanted to catch it.  Oh, no. No, no,
no, no, no.

That evening we had dinner in a lovely Mediterranean restaurant called Laziza.  Being sleep deprived, tired from moving and unpacking and having happy tummies made sleeping with the lights on easy. 

In the morning we helped with some picture hanging.  The place came together pretty quickly so we said goodbye and hit the road for home.  Eight hours later, hurray!  Home, sweet home.  Harry was happy to take a long walk through the neighborhood, smelling the spots where all his friends had visited while we were gone.  This odyssey is officially over.

No comments:

Post a Comment