Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Daisy.....Daisy.....

And Dora and Rudy!   They're my buddies!   I really like it when I run into one of my friends when I take a walk.   Some of the other dogs in the neighborhood aren't so friendly.  I don't know why.  I'm an easy going guy.  Lots of them are little dogs and they just bark and growl at me for no reason.  It makes me sad. 

My first friend here was Daisy.  She's little, but she likes me anyway!  She gets excited when she sees me and pulls her Mom over, jumping on her leash.  She looks funny!
That's her in the picture!   Isn't she cute?  

My other friend is Dora.  She is a Basset Hound.  She always wants to play, so she barks because she is happy.  She has really short legs and long ears.  She slobbers a lot, too, but she's still my good friend.

Rudy is a chocolate lab.  He's bigger than I am!  He's a little older, too.  He doesn't want to play so much, but we rub noses and wag our happy meters when we see each other.  I hope I see one of my friends today!

It's true.  A lot of the little dogs here react badly to dogs that are larger than they are.  Sometimes Harry can cause quite a ruckus if several small dogs are out at once.   Daisy is a darling, the friendliest little girl.  She looks rather like a little lamb.  Dora goes into "play mode,"  which means she puts her front arms down and her backside up in the air.  Because of Dora's body type, however, she looks pretty funny when she does it, although she is a very pretty Basset Hound.  And Rudy is getting gray and walks a bit slower than the younger dogs, but he always greets Harry with a happy tail wag and a sniff or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment