Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 7, 2014

It was a dark and stormy night....

It started right after my suppertime.   LOUD thunder and scary flashes of light.  I went to the spot where Dad sleeps on the bed and I tried to curl up real tiny and make myself as small as I could.   Even though I didn't want it to happen, my insides were shaking.   Mom came in and snuggled with me.  She tried to help the shaking stop.  I think the thunder scared her, too, because sometimes she held me REALLY tight.  Dad came in and pet me, too.  Mom even brought me a bone,  my favorite, all chickeny and chewy, but I was too scared to eat it.  So she snuggled me some more.




It stopped for awhile and I ate my bone.  I went out into the big room with Mom and Dad, too.  But all night long there was more thunder.  Sometimes I slept next to Mom.  She helps me feel safe.

Guess what?  Today was "No Monsters Day" again!  And my morning walk was nice!  The sun came out.  There was no more thunder.  So we all went on a big, big walk.  I went somewhere I never went before.  There was a big pond with ducks and a big white bird.  It was real pretty.  Then I met another new friend!  Her name is Snow!  Haha.  She is all white and fluffy, like snow!  Now I have lots of friends in the neighborhood.  

I hope the thunder doesn't come around again!


Harry had a difficult evening.  The thunder was fierce, the lightning was severe and the power went out for a little while!  He was restless through the night, alternating between his own bed and ours.  But with the morning came quiet and sunshine.  He seems to sense the one quiet day of the week and loves to walk, so this time we went outside of the boundaries of our community and visited a large pond.  There were mallards and two egrets silently gliding and standing by the edge of the water.

On our way home we met a woman with an American Eskimo dog named "Snow."  She was friendly (the ladies like Harry) and they had a good time meeting one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment