Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Lazy day....

Boy, oh boy!  It got really hot outside!  I mostly stay in when it's like this.  Being too hot isn't good for pups like me.  I'm nice and comfy on the big bed in the bedroom!  It's a good spot, 'cause I can see out the windows and keep an eye on the neighborhood!

But, guess what?  We all sat outside today!  That was fun....  there is a big tree out back and it has lots of shade.  So, Mom and Dad were sitting out there and I wanted to be out there, too.  And now I can because I have a long, long, long leash!  It attaches to the tree, so I can be out there with my pack, but I can roam around if I want to.  I sat in the sunshine for a little while, but my spots got  hot, so then I went to lie down in the shade.  There were birds and squirrels and chipmunks to watch, too!  I tried to catch the chipmunk, but he was too fast for me.  And there was a nice, smelly breeze, too.  I kept my nose working hard!  Oh, boy!  I hope we do that again soon!

We are lucky to have a mature maple in the back of our house.  It keeps us shady through the hottest weather and sunny in the winter.  Here is what it looks like in the fall.
The weather changed drastically from a chilly start to May to a scorching end.  We put a couple of outdoor lawn chairs under the tree to have morning coffee and tea - the temperature had not yet gotten unbearable and there was a pleasant, light breeze. 

I recently got a "tie out" for Harry - a long weather proof lead that we can wrap around the tree.  That way he has some freedom to move around - which he did, quite a bit.  He looked as though he was surveying his kingdom.  "And all of this.....is mine!"  His nose was working overtime, held to the air and wiggling around like it had a mind of its' own. 

We stayed out for over an hour - until the heat started really kicking in.  The forecast is for it to cool down a bit next week, so hopefully, we can spend more time outdoors in the  comfortable shade.

 

1 comment:

  1. Harry..you have a beautiful yard!! Stay in when it gets too hot. You'll Bern your paws!!! With love, a desert dweller who knows!! (and forgets)...

    ReplyDelete