Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Please don't wake me,

No, don't shake me
Leave me where I am
I'm only sleeping.
("I'm Only Sleeping" Lennon/McCartney, 1966)

There were loud thunder monsters the other night!  I was really, really scared.  I was up all night long!  I tried to curl up really smaltl next to Mom, but it sounded louder over there.  So then I would go back to my bed, but my insides would start shaking, so I would go back to the corner.  And the rain was hard!  It sounded like it was going to come inside!  

By morning, when it was time for my walk, it was all over.  The ground was still wet - I was licking wet grass and puddles!  After my breakfast, Mom and I went back to bed for a nap.  I was sooooo tired!  

I guess I was too tired, 'cause everytime Mom moved just a little bit, I got startled.  And I wanted to sleep!  Why can't she stay still?! Grrrrrrrrr.  Ooops.   That annoyed Mom and she ordered me to get down!  I'm sorry, Mom, I'm just tired, really, really tired.

Harry wasn't the only one who was tired.  The storm had everyone up most of the night.  The creek was running higher than I had ever seen it.  The raindrops sounded like they were as big as baseballs!  Splat! 

When all was said and done, and Harry and I were ready to nap, I moved.  I moved my foot.  Just a little.  What's that I hear?  Was that a growl?  Oh, no, no, no.  That is unacceptable.  Down you go!  He must have gotten the message, because later, when we were refreshed and awake, Harry tried to snuggle in my lap.  At almost 60 pounds, he is NOT a lap dog!  I think it was his way of telling me he was sorry for being grouchy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment