Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 5, 2016

If it takes forever, I will wait for you

Oh, hey, I just LOVE food!  I look forward to each one of my meals and treats every single day!  But, sometimes I save them.  Yep, I do.  Want to know why?  Because I love them so much!  

See, my Mom goes out after my middle of the day walk.  She does this almost every day.  But just before she goes, she gives me my dental bone.  Oh, boy!  I love my dental bone.  But, I'm sad when my pack isn't all together.  So I wait.  I wait on the bed where I can see out the window.  I wait with my dental bone.  I smell it.  I lick it a little bit.  Sometimes Dad comes in and gives me tummy rubs, but I make sure he doesn't take my bone away! 

I can see out the window so I know when Mom gets home!  And then, when she is, I'm happy again!  And that is the best time to relax and enjoy my bone! 



Harry lives for his treats.  However, he has taken up the habit of saving his dental bone until I get home from the gym.  Once I am safely back indoors, give him a "hello" and a tummy rub, THEN he will happily chow down.

My previous beloved was a very smart boy. (Steve)  He figured out strategies, had a sixth sense with wild animals and he even made a joke one day.  Really, he did.  But I have never seen a dog that understands the concept of delayed gratification.  Why, Mr. Spotter, you are quite an intelligent boy!
 

1 comment: