Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Harry's in the Doghouse

I don't mind when Mom and Dad go out.  It's kind of fun.  I always get a special treat before they leave me alone.  Yay!  They went out the other day and I got bored.   There were some good smelly things in the kitchen.  Mmmmm.  I just had to figure out how to get to them.  They were inside the big can.  So I got it open with my nose and mouth.  But I still couldn't get all the good smelly stuff out.  Hmmmmm.  




So I got my paws up under the top and guess what happened????!!!!!  The whole thing fell down!  BAM!  Then it was great!  I had such a good time!  There was good smelly stuff all over the floor!  Yippee!

I licked out a bunch of my meal cups - the yummy stuff Mom puts on my kibble!  Ohhh, then there was this bag that smelled like one of my favorite things - CHEESE!   I took that into the bedroom with me - up on the bed.  Mmmmm. Mmmmmm.   So tasty! 

There were some pieces of popcorn.  Dad likes popcorn and throws bits at me for me to catch - it's a game we play!  There were yummy bits of popcorn on the floor.   And some cracker pieces.  And some vegetables.   It was a BANQUET!  My tummy was FULL!!

Then Mom and Dad came home and ..........Dad sort of yelled - "Oh, no!"  And he kept saying my name over and over.  So I ran to the bedroom because something was wrong.  Mom and Dad put the big can back up and took all the good smelly stuff off the floor.  Mom acted funny - she didn't rub my tummy or my head and say sweet things to me. 

I was really glad when it was time for my big walk - my tummy didn't feel so good by then.  Mom and Dad weren't mad at me anymore.   Guess I shouldn't have pulled the big can down, cause when I go to sniff it now they yell, "No!"  Darn.  It was fun.  

We were gone for two hours.  I knew something had happened by the volume and tone of my husband's voice.  The kitchen floor was strewn with garbage, the stainless steel bin had been knocked down somehow and Harry had a little party of his own while we were gone.  A telltale paper trail down the hall and into the bedroom led to more emptied and licked waste products.  He knew he was "in the doghouse."  He got the cold shoulder from us for several hours especially as we cleaned up the mess.  He was up and down off the bed all night long, too, so I suspect his stomach was not feeling particularly settled.

We ran into his friend the Bassett Hound, Dora, on our walk.  She had recently eaten an entire bag of people cookies.  We - the Moms -- were both worried about tummy troubles.  Ah, well.  Dogs will be dogs.   Harry!!  You were a naughty boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment