Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 5, 2014

I made it through the rain!


Gosh, I was so scared.  I could feel the storm coming.   Mom and Dad tried to make me feel better.  They kept saying "Izz okay" and patting me, but I was still scared.  My insides were shaking.  That made my outsides shake, too.  Mom sat on the floor with me and kept petting me over and over.  Those big booms were even shaking the house!  I slept next to Mom all night.  Sometimes she put her hand down and pet me again. 

The next morning wasn't much better.  It was really windy.  Too windy.  It was strange. At least there were no more booms.  But I walked really fast.  I just wanted to get back inside where I feel safe. 

Later Mom and Dad kept checking on me.  Why?  Izz okay. Storm is over. 

Uh-oh.  I hear booms.  They sound far away.  Way, far away.  I'm not too scared, but Mom and Dad keep checking anyway.  The far away booms stopped.  All gone. I slept in my bed, just like always.  Today the sun came out. Yay!

 
 
What Harry didn't know was that the Fourth of July was approaching and with it would be fireworks.  We already knew how frightened he was of thunder and lightning.  So frightened that he spent an entire evening trembling even though we were comforting him.  Amazingly, the fireworks weren't so bad.  Their noise was barely noticeable above the sound of the television and Harry wasn't fazed one bit.  And, although there were several firework displays going on, they were all over by ten p.m.  All that worry and Harry was fine.  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment