Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 22, 2014

No Monsters Day!

Yippee!  It's No Monsters Day!  I know because Mom and Dad are sleeping too long and it's nice and quiet, just the way I like it.  I love No Monsters Day!  I have to try and wake up Mom.  I'll go over and wuffle her face.   wuffle, snuffle, wuffle   Oh, no!  She just rolled over....  Ok, I'll go whimper over on Dad's side.  hmmmmmmph.  hmmmmmmpph.  Oh, boy!  It worked!  They're getting up.  Yay!  I can't wait to go outside!



Ahhhh, today I can take a BIG walk.  No monsters!  I can sniff and sniff.  I can stop and smell the roses.  I can walk by the stream and chase some squirrels.  I can stick my nose in a bush and -!!! Hey!  Hey, Bird!  You startled me!  






Let's go all around the BIG block today!  I can hear the little dogs barking at me from inside.  Yep, this is my favorite day!  No Monsters Day!  Tail up and wagging!



Whatever happened to Harry before he was rescued left him forever afraid of large vehicles, especially noisy ones, like garbage trucks or ambulances.  To him, they are monsters and can do nothing but frighten and harm.  Sunday mornings are, by contrast to other days, very quiet.  There are no recycle or garbage trucks, no large delivery trucks, no mail trucks.  It is the one day a week that he loves to go for a long morning walk through the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment