Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 22, 2019

The trace of something in the air....

When I was a young pup, I was afraid of anything that went beep or boop or made a loud noise.  I did not like flashing lights, either.  The world was full of monsters, big monsters and little monsters.  The worst thing was some monsters were right inside the house!

But I'm a pretty smart guy and I learned that some monsters, especially the little ones, did some good stuff!  The toaster monster made some yummy things.  And the stove monster made even more yumbers.

My pack has plenty of yummy stuff, but Mom wasn't making some of the really good things she used to.  But NOW she is!  Best of all, the new stove monster doesn't make any beeps or boops!  (Our toaster monster doesn't either!)

I got SOOOOOO excited because I was taking a nice nap and my nose woke up!  Oh, boy!  Something is cooking inside the stove monster!  The whole house smells good! I can't stand still! I can't wait!  Oh, boy!!  Hot, smelly yumbers!


The old oven in our place did not work when we got here.  Then we learned it was really old and the company that manufactured it doesn't even exist anymore.  There was so much to do at first, cooking lovely meals was not high on my agenda, so we let it go for a while.

Then Spring and Summer came along and it was too hot to consider even stove top food.

Now we have a new stove and oven.  Just the other day I made my first casserole.  It was very simple, just pasta, tomato sauce (home made) and mozzarella. As the aroma started wafting through the house, Harry started going nuts.  He kept pacing past the oven!!  And since the light stays on the whole time the oven is on, he kept checking inside, too!  What a food hound!  Well, someone is happy that Fall has arrived!



No comments:

Post a Comment