Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 8, 2019

I've been up, down, over and out.....

When I was a pup I was afraid of everything.  Except food.  Almost everything.  But, now I am all grown up and I am Super Spotter!  Especially since I flew over the big ocean!

So, when we got here, I explored the town.  I've been almost everywhere there is to go, I think.  I've been to parks and cafes and the gelato store and up and down lots and lots of hills.  Now that it's been a while, I know my way around town pretty well.  And I usually get to decide where we go on our walks.  

There is an elevator here...and it takes you to the "passagiata."  That is the word for a big, long walk around the back of the town....it takes us to the gelato store!  Well, that's one way to get there, anyway.  And if we go backwards, the elevator takes us to the café where they give me ice!  

Before we came here, I learned all about elevators when we stayed in a hotel for two months.  I had to go up and down in one every single day!!  Lots and lots of times!  

Yep, so, I....Super Spotter, decided to walk to the elevator the other day.  My pack was surprised.  But I knew the way and that's what I wanted to do.  Down and down we went....and then we were at the bottom and in a parking lot.  That leads to the "passagiata"...and if we don't walk all the way to the gelato store, we can also just go home because halfway takes me home!  It's nice because there are no cars and lots of trees and bushes and good smelly things.  

This is a hill town. There is no way to avoid going up and down hills, but the town did create a walkway around the outer edge on the east side.  It is very verdant and pleasant.  It winds around and slowly rises up from the parking lot, through trees and lots of greenery, along with some fabulous views.

The parking lot leads to an elevator that brings people right up into the main piazza, right next to a café we frequent.  It is very convenient for people who live elsewhere but work in this town, or for visitors.

Harry loves walking around this town but he had never led us up to the elevator before.  It was a bit of a surprise.  The passagiata leads to the back of our building and we can see it below our balcony.

If you continue on, it eventually ends in the piazza which is the exit point for cars, but also an entrance for pedestrians.  There are more cafes, the gelato store, a pizza restaurant and the one and only flat walkway in town.

It's funny because he definitely was uncomfortable in the elevator at the hotel we stayed in.  But I know he has a couple of buddies who take this elevator all the time, so maybe he gets their scent and it comforts him.  Brave boy!  (And dog-about-town!)

1 comment: