Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2016

And then he kissed me...

Oh, boy! Afternoon walk! The best thing about the afternoon walk is my treat. I always get a treat when we get back home.  It's really hot today, so I hope I get my special ice cream!  Yumbers! 

Oh, hey! There's Joey's Mom.  I have to say "hello."  Joey isn't outside, but I'll say hello to his Mom anyway.  Joey is one of the little dogs who doesn't go crazy when he sees me.  He is friendly and nice even though he's as small as a cat!  

Oh, Mom, why do you have to talk so long?  I want to get inside where it's cool and comfy.  

But there's Simba again!  Oh, boy!  Hi, Simba!  I'm just going to say "hi" and have Dad walk me home because Mom is taking too long!  So long, Simba.   Turning the corner now to get home....I'll just turn around to see if Mom is coming yet.  Hey, wait!  What?  Simba is kissing my Mom!  Hmmmmmm.   

Well, here she comes at last.  About time, Mom!  Gee.




We are in the middle of a heat wave and generally cutting our walks a bit short because of it.  But polite Harry has to say "hello" to the people he knows.  We were chatting with little Joey's Mom (he's a Yorkie) when Simba came along.  He was being walked by the "dog walking lady" in our neighborhood - it's what she does for a living.  She already knew that Simba and Harry had met before.  The boys sniffed and wagged their happy meters, but Harry was in a hurry to get inside, so off he went with Dad.

I gave Simba a pat on his head.  As I did, I bent down a little.  The next thing I knew, I got slurped from chin to nose!  The dog walker said, "WOW!  You really rate!"  Simba even tried to follow me home!  He's improving each day.  Sweet Simba.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment