Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2016

There's a new kid in town...

Dum dee dumm  dummm, we were taking our morning walk.  I have lots of buddies here, but I hardly ever see them in the morning. Haha, that's cause I wake up my pack just as the sun comes up!  So, it is usually really, really quiet.

But one day, there was a man and a dog up ahead.  This dog was a little bigger than I am!  He's new here.  He looked a little sad.  :(  But, I'm a friendly guy (and polite, too!) so I knew that I should be quiet and gentle.

We s-l-o-w-l-y came up to each other and sniffed noses.  Yay!  His happy meter started!  Mine was already going.

I've seen him a couple of times now, so when he sees me his happy meter starts right away!  I guess I have a new friend!

His name is Simba.  He is a pit bull.  He is a lovely caramel color with white paws and some on his chest and face.  The first time we saw him, his owner, from a distance, explained that he had been abused and was afraid of men and other dogs.  But, he agreed to give an approach a try.

Harry has an innate sense about people and other dogs.  He approached cautiously and gave Simba a little room so that they both reached their noses out to one another.  With that, the tails started wagging on both ends!  Simba even allowed me to pet him gently on his head.  He has such a sad expression, it breaks my heart.

Since that first successful meeting there have been a few more, each one slightly more relaxed than the last.  Poor, sweet Simba.  He has a loving home now and a doggie buddy!  Welcome to the neighborbood, Simba!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment