Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2016

How's the weather?

Wow!  Things have been funny here lately!  One day it's nice and warm and all the flowers look happy. Then the next day it's freezing and I'm back in my heavy winter coat!  And one night everything happened!  It was cold.  It was really, really windy.  I got scared and my insides were shaking.  There were those monster boomers outside.  Then stuff started hitting the windows!  It was like someone was throwing rocks at the windows!  I tried to make myself as small as possible.  Mom kept petting me because I was shaking.  I think I was awake all night long!

When it was time for my morning walk, I didn't want to go outside.  But I did, 'cause I'm a good boy!  A lot of the flowers had their heads down on the ground.  I guess they got scared, too!  But the sun came out and the flowers picked up their faces again.  Those little flowers are brave!


Harry wasn't the only one afraid of the weather.  The wind was howling, making it sound like the whole house would just fly off its foundation.  And we were concerned about large tree limbs.  Besides wind and rain, there was lightning and thunder.  Sometime in the middle of the night, there was hail.  Poor Harry was huddled in a ball next to the bed where I pet him until I fell asleep.  I'm not sure if he did.

In the morning, there were some tree limbs down, but less than expected.  There were still bits of hail on the ground, too.  The spring flowers were drooped and I would have bet that they were goners.  But, by noon, with the sun shining, they managed to stand up again.  The temperature has been fluctuating wildly - one day warm and sunny, the next day winter returns.  It's difficult to know how to dress properly.   Today is blustery, more like March than April. 

Guess we will just have to wait for one of those magical May days......warm breeze, birds singing, sun shining.  Sure wish it would hurry up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment