Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Yeeeeooouuuuch!

Oh, boy! No monsters day!  The big rain is over and it is cool outside......we're all going on a big walk.  Yay!   Doo doo doo........I smell a kitty.....where are you, kitty?  Dum dee dum......oh, there's a chippy.  I wish I could catch him.    OW!  Yikes!  Sorry, Mom, I almost knocked you over.  That hurt!!!  Something hurt my foot!  I can put it down and I can walk, but it feels funny.   

 

When we get  home, Mom looks at my paw - the back one....she is pressing and stroking.  There's nothing there, but it still hurts.  Just let me lick it for awhile.......Then she comes with a wet cloth and wipes it all over my foot.  That's kind of nice.  It still hurts, though.

She rubs my tummy......I fell asleep.  

Oh, boy.  It doesn't hurt anymore.  I'm all better now.  I guess I better be careful where I step - there's all sorts of things on the ground now, especially after that storm!

There was a hurricane offshore.  We had lots and lots of rain and high winds.  Some branches came down, and a whole bunch of acorns fell, too.  In the middle of a perfectly pleasant walk Harry leapt into the air and bolted for the street.  It was all I could do to stay vertical and get him under control.  I think he stepped on an acorn.

I examined his foot and couldn't see anything wrong - no pine needles or thorns....I wiped it down with a facecloth and warm water, in case something was lodged somewhere.  He was still limping after his breakfast and fussing with it, so I lulled him to sleep with tummy rubs.  Since the ground is now pretty much covered in round and pointy acorns of various kinds, that is my best guess.  Perhaps he bruised his paw a bit.  He seems to be walking normally now.  A nice nap helped him a lot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment