Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Wait! Come here!

I learned something.  It is very important!  And, guess what?  It makes my Mom really, really happy!  And that makes me happy and then my happy meter goes and goes!  Want to know what I learned?  When she says "Come here!"  she wants ME to show up!  And I do!  Everytime I do it, she tells me what a good boy I am, and I get extra pets and sometimes a hug! It's amazing how happy it makes her!  And Dad, too!  Haha - then we are ALL happy!!

I know what "wait" means, too!  When I wait, I look at Mom until she says "Ok" and then I know I can walk again.  Hey, I'm a pretty smart guy!




One of THE most important things to teach your dog is for them to come to you.  Harry finally "got it."  I am totally delighted when he comes with the first command and make sure I praise him and give him lots of pets, kisses and hugs. Positive reinforcement works wonders.  He has "wait" down pretty well, too....another important command -"wait" or "stay"...whichever you choose.  Mr. Smarty also knows "go home."  When we are within sight of our house and  I am sure there are no cars nearby, I tell him to "go home" and he merrily trots himself to the front door, happy meter wagging all the way!  Good boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment