Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2018

People stop and stare, they don't bother me...

We were walking on the street where I live and there were some people across the street.  They had little people with them and they were all looking at me and pointing.  Well, I know I'm a handsome guy, everybody says so!   We went to say "hello" to them and then I got really busy with the little ones and they had cookies, too!  Peanut Butter!  Yumbers!  So, my Mom is going to tell this story...
 
Walking Harry at nearly 6 p.m., still 90 degrees...meandering along. There is a family across the street - Mom, Dad, who is holding a baby girl, and a young boy and girl, about 5 and 7. Maybe Latino, I don't know....whatever...I see they are very interested in Harry. I see the father point to show the baby the "doggie."...so, husband, Harry and I cross the street...they want to see.

As we approach, I say, "He is friendly!" and there are smiles all around. They are not Latino, they are Indian. The woman, the Mom, is freaking gorgeous. The older kids are each holding a cookie...anyway, knowing Harry is friendly, he gets lots of pets as we caution the kids to keep the cookies away...hahaha...Harry LOVES food!...The little boy wants to give him some cookie..and I tell him that chocolate is not good for dogs, although Harry likes peanut butter a lot. "OH, the cookie IS peanut butter! I can give him just a peanut butter bit!" Ok...and he does, to his delight. And another! The Dad asks, "What is his name?" We say, in unison, "Harry"....and then I add, "Well, his full name is Harry Spotter"....and then I heard a most wonderful sound...I heard his name as I have only heard it in my head....the way I always wanted to hear it...with a clipped British accent......"Harry SPOT - Tah!!! Ah..hahahahaha!" I was so tickled. Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment