Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 17, 2015

There be monsters about....

Oh, no. Nooooooo.  I can hear them!  Monsters are coming!  C'mon, Mom, we have to hurry back inside!  This is bad.  This is very bad.  The monsters are right in front of my house.   I hate them and their noise.  Why won't they go away? 
Now I'm scared.  Brrrgggggg.  I'm afraid to go outside.  Please, Mom, please don't make me.
Ok, I'm a good boy and I do my business, but I want to go home, right away, right NOW!
I'm going to curl up in my bed like I used to a long, long time ago.  Suppertime?  Nope, I'm not hungry.  I'll just stay right here.  If I stay here, I'll be safe.  Go away, monsters.  Go away.

Alyx Weaver
                                                                                                                                Copyright 2014
 
Our sidewalk was crumbling.  We live in a condo community and so, the sidewalk repair crew was making the rounds of the entire place.  They started early in the morning, just about the time I walk Harry every day.  He was not happy.  Between a giant tractor and the cement machine, breaking  up the old sidewalk and replacing it - it took an entire day.  Harry was beside himself.  Just like when he first came to live with us and he was afraid of the garbage trucks and just about anything else on wheels....he refused to eat.  He was trembling all over.  I brought him his dinner in his bed.  As long as I stayed with him, he ate, reluctantly.  Getting him outside was practically impossible even after the trucks and tractors had left.  He was like this for several days........it felt like torture.

But, eventually, all the work in the neighborhood was done and things went back to a nice, quiet normal.  And Harry ran into a couple of his buddies, Beau and Bandit, and that helped him feel better.  Our boy is back, tail up, happy meter on!

No comments:

Post a Comment