Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Doppleganger

Yay! Suppertime!  Ok, now we go for a big walk!  Doo doo doo, dum dee dum.  Oh, there's the lady around the corner.  She's my friend, I like her.  Lemme go in for a sniff......Hi!   Mom talks to her awhile.  Hmmmm, I hear my name.   I wonder why?

Ok, Mom, let's keep going......oh, there's Beau!  He's my friend!  Hey, Beau, how ya doin'?  I hear my name again.  Beau's Mom and my Mom are talking.  Why are they talking about me?

Oh, boy!  There's my friend, Daisy!  Hi, Daisy!  This is fun, the three of us sniffing and wagging!   And Daisy's Mom is saying my name, too!  I'm a popular guy! 

Now it's time to keep on walking....all the way around the big block...heading home and another lady starts talking to Mom.  I want to get home and have my treat.  Why are they all talking so much?  Why do I keep hearing my name?   I didn't do anything.........this is funny.  C'mon, Mom, let's go home!

 
 
Hey!  That looks like me!
 
 
I was driving home from the gym and caught a glimpse of a woman walking a dog that looked just like Harry.  I was momentarily alarmed.  Did he get out somehow?  How could that happen?  Who is that?..........Harry?

Once home, there he was, safe and sound.  He had his dinner and we went out for our evening walk.  We first encountered our neighbor around the corner.  She asked, "Who was that walking Harry?"  I said, "You saw that, too?  That wasn't Harry!" 

Then, further down the block, we ran into another neighbor and her little guy, Beau.  "Who was walking Harry?"  Nope, NOT Harry.  I had no idea who it was.

Then little, fluffy Daisy and Mom walked up.  "Someone was walking Harry earlier.  Who was that?" Oh, my goodness, this was getting really silly.  Did the whole neighborhood see the woman and Harry's doppleganger? 

As we continued on our walk, yet another neighbor stopped to chat.  Well, you know how THAT conversation went........

No one has seen the person or the look-alike dog again.  It must have been someone visiting.  But it certainly proved to me that Harry is rather well known in his neighborhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment